Punch Studio is a leading supplier of Home, Gift & Stationery products to thousands of specialty retailers worldwide. We are well known for our high quality, beautifully designed and highly giftable products.
Punch Studio is looking for highly artistic designers who want to fall in love with their work. Our design team is comprised of diverse artists with a passion for creating unique & beautiful things, and we’re looking for like-minded individuals to join our team! Our highly collaborative company culture, partnered with our innovative approach to the consumer goods industry, provides a dynamic opportunity for designers from all backgrounds. We create a diverse product line that includes giftware, stationery, home storage, wall décor, and more! If you’d like the opportunity to have products you design available at thousands of retail locations across the globe, then we might be a perfect fit!
As a WALL DECOR DESIGNER, your days will be fast paced and upbeat! You’ll be working directly with other employees across different departments (Sales, Product Development, Production, etc.) as well as our Creative Director, Vice President & Art Directors to design merchandise for our fast-growing number of clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing design projects of all levels of complexity (from doing production style work, to designing your own original compositions onto products.)
- Creating & developing original artwork for use on product, both digitally and traditionally by hand.
- Assisting the Art Directors & Lead Designers with completing design presentations for buyer/sales meetings.
- Creating well-themed trend boards to inspire your fellow designers (we’re on Pinterest a lot, but we also love to create our own trends!)
- Working closely with our Art Directors/Lead Designers/Vice President/Creative Director to develop new art concepts for use on product.
- Maintaining a high level of aesthetic judgment, effectively translating trends into products.
To be a successful WALL DECOR DESIGNER, you should possess the following qualifications:
- BFA, BA, or AA in Design, Illustration, Fine arts, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience employed as a Wall Décor Designer (or experience designing relevant Home Décor products, such as pillows, textiles, etc.)
- Familiarity with home décor embellishment techniques such as Gold Leafing, Spot Color Paints, Foiling, etc.
- Have extensive hands-on knowledge of Macs
- Be HIGHLY skilled in Photoshop. We primarily use Photoshop when creating artwork for product.
- Have an excellent eye for typography, composition, color & theme.
- Have great flexibility in your artistic style! You should be able to create art with many different “looks” to cater to our diverse customers.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately each and every time.
- Be able to focus on creativity, but still keep deadlines and details in mind.
- EXCELLENT organizational and communication skills, with critical attention to detail.
- Be a positive and creative team player, with the ability to take constructive criticism well.
- Be comfortable working with a diverse group of creative people from all walks of life!
This is a full-time, in-house position with our Art Department that includes benefits and a 401k option. We are located in Culver City, CA and our office hours are 8AM-5PM. No freelancers or offsite/telecommuters, please.
Please e-mail your resume, salary history and samples of your design work. When sending samples of your design work, please include a link in the body of your e-mail or attach a PDF no larger than 5MB. If we feel you are a good candidate for the position, we will contact you to set up a phone interview. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
e sure to take time to explore our product line at www.punchstudio.com
At Punch Studio and Lady Jayne we create beautifully designed products that bring delight to people’s everyday lives and homes. We are privately held, with headquarters in Culver City, CA. In our design and product development studios we create stationery, home and gift products that are found in leading retailers all over the world.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/392673523 →