Full Compass Systems
Full Compass is a national leader in Professional Audio, Video, Lighting and Musical Instrument sales. Since 1977, our goal has been to provide the best possible value with exceptional customer service.
The Vice President of Merchandising is primarily responsible for developing, initiating and leading the execution of a merchandising strategy using both print and digital media. The strategy must be designed to meet the needs of our customers for unique, high quality products, and will drive revenue growth, gross profit growth and deliver greater market share. Must have an absolute mastery of inventory management!
Essential Job Functions
- Execute strategic product plan in support of corporate strategies.
- Vendor relationship management and negotiation.
- Conduct business reviews of product and product category sales, gross margin, price, markdowns, turns, trends, etc.
- Lead the category planning process, including setting overall margin and volume targets, and developing/executing category strategies.
- Prepare and implement budget for Merchandising Dept.
- Work with team members to plan, create and execute merchandising campaigns.
- Analyze market trends to develop product marketing strategies.
- Act as a key member of the leadership team to drive Company strategy and performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a Bachelors Degree in Merchandising or Product Management; Master’s preferred. Ideal candidate will have 15+ years of relevant and progressive experience, including 10+ years of management experience. Experience in a related industry a plus.
- Ability to think outside-of-the-box and communicate ideas and feedback professionally and intelligently.
- Proven ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with business partners.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills with experience in merchandising financials and profitability management.
- Proven leader who delivers results and can help drive others to results.
- Sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- A demonstrated sense of design and understanding of how to consistently convey a brand image.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and negotiating skills.
- Detail-oriented, thorough and organized.
- Excellent Excel and PC analytical skills.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/388555931 →