Grabango employs computer vision technology to improve the shopping experience by supplying services to retailers.
The Grabango team in Berkeley is expanding!
At Grabango you will join an exceptional team of engineers that is designing the system that is eliminating lines at grocery stores. Our distributed computer vision system tracks every item in the store, from loading dock though exit. The Core Engineering Team concentrates on development of software for those retail installations. We bring ideas from concept to fully deployed product in pursuit of our goal of eliminating friction for shoppers.
The Technical Project Manager (TPM) will join a diverse, multidisciplinary, engineering team. Reporting to the VP of Systems Engineering the TPM will be a key contributor to the success of Grabango’s mission to revolutionize retail shopping.
The ideal candidate has experience working with cross functional teams – software, cloud, embedded, and hardware – to plan and communicate project and program status, risks, and changes. This position involves regular communication with leadership and a commitment to transparency and predictability. The Sr. TPM will be comfortable with data analysis as input to decision making as well as a pragmatic entrepreneurial approach enabling execution in the absence of data. Above all however, a successful TPM will be a clear communicator able to forge stong professional relationships within a high-powered office environment.
- Manage cross-functional project and program planning and execution across UI, cloud, embedded and hardware.
- Working closely with leadership to define project scope and timeline, balancing company objectives and constraints.
- Ensure transparency predictability.
- Lead Agile ceremonies, manage sprints and backlog grooming.
- Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks.
- Drive process improvements and measures by defining metrics to meet quality and delivery goals.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to insure scope, schedule, resources are aligned across teams.
- Ensure that lessons learned are captured comprehensively, acted on and communicated.
- Build quality control and quality assurance into project plans effectively.
- Provide coaching for other team members to improve skill sets.
- Work with project team to continuously update dates, scope, status, and documentation.
- Manage dependencies and handoffs effectively.
- Confident leader who can prioritize and analyze trade offs, communicate clearly and compellingly and effectively influence internally and externally, across organization boundaries.
- Able to independently influence and resolve conflicts with others
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with different teams within organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
- Ability to operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time be able to guide a team toward an objective.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of project management experience.
- Master’s Degree or advanced professional degree and 7+ years of project management experience preferred
- Experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management. Must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
- Enterprise software and/or systems engineering background with demonstrated excellence.
- Proficiency with JIRA, MS Project (or other related scheduling software).
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentation skills.
- Agile certification (scrum master/product owner) and/or demonstrated fluency.
- Experience in management of complex technology projects.
- Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies.
Job Type: Full-time
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.
Salary: $85,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com →