HD Buttercup is revolutionizing the retail home furnishings and rugs market.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare and analyze account reconciliations
- Prepare reports detailing monthly expenses by store.
- Analyze total Corporate expenses, including comparisons to forecasted results and trended results.
- Assist Corporate Accounting Supervisor in preparing Corporate forecast by store.
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations of all transactions
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Maintain KPIs and weekly dashboards
WHO YOU ARE
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial and fast paced setting
- Self-starter and independent thinker who is driven and growth-oriented
- Team player with effective communication skills
YOUR SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=staff accountant&jk=03ae55eb3bd393f0&_ga=2.173249891.1175730762.1497888082-21169014.1474996397 →