Poshmark is the largest social commerce marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style.
The Big Data team is a central player in the Poshmark organization. We’re looking for a Senior Data Engineer with Big Data experience to build a world-class big data platform to bring value out of data for us and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support exploding business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives. In this role, you will be key to making this initiative a success.
- Build a highly scalable, available, fault-tolerant data processing systems using AWS technologies, MapReduce, Hive, Kafka, Spark, and other big data technologies. These systems should handle batch and real-time data processing over 10 terabytes of data ingested every day and petabyte-sized data warehouse.
- Responsible for EDW/Big Data data warehouse application design, data quality, development and testing/deployment strategy.
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence product roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over new projects
- Maintain and support existing platforms and evolve to newer technology stacks and architectures
- Participate and contribute to constantly improving best practices in development
- Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions
- Experience building highly scalable solutions in data storage, real-time analysis and reporting for multi-terabyte data sets
- Expertise architecting and building large-scale data processing systems using Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Hbase, Spark, Storm, Kafka, Druid, Flink etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong software development skills in Java, C, C++, or Scala
- Cross-functional team collaboration experience
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and patterns.
Our compensation packages are very competitive and will not limit us in our search for the right person!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/364293624/ →