Alter Trading Corporation is one of the nation's leading scrap metal recyclers and brokers, with processing centers and offices throughout the central United States.
Under the direction of the Facility Manager, provides customer service as well as clerical duties including various reports including cash tickets & other reports.
- Visually verify inbound/outbound vehicles on scale deck; enter weight in computer.
- Visually verify material type; enter code in computer.
- Process payment of customers, verify information is correct and material ticket for corresponding customer and price is correct.
- Sort tickets for materials picked up or freighted by material codes; total by material code; bundle tape and scale tickets for data entry.
- File appropriate paperwork to support payments.
- Answers incoming calls; gives directions, handles questions and/or directs to appropriate area/person.
- Sort completed checks, distribute original to customer and maintain copies and backup for filing.
- Handles clerical functions including entering information, managing and developing reports.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a cashier in a retail environment and 1-3 years’ experience working as an office or clerical assistant is preferred. Qualified candidate must have at least intermediate level skills in Word and Excel. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills and ability to handle both customers and company employees with courtesy and respect. General knowledge of difference between ferrous and non-ferrous material is a plus.
Founded in 1898, today Alter is a privately owned, fourth generation company and is one of the largest scrap processors in the country, with trading offices and processing plants across the central United States. Alter Trading provides a direct supply of quality products, sourced both in America and abroad, to consumers in the United States and throughout the world.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/437655186 →