The Creative Partners Group
The Creative Partners Group is a comprehensive retail development firm that takes a consumer-centric, collaborative approach to helping our partners innovate and grow their businesses.
Description:This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, strategic company as a Sales Executive calling on Target with The Creative Partners Group. This position is an integral part of the CPG Team, working closely with key vendor partners on Target.
You will lead and own the responsibility of driving profitable business growth within multiple categories and influencing merchandising decisions with our retail partner. With business acumen, senior level selling skills and effective communication, you will foster strong relationships between our vendors and Target.
In this role as a Director of Sales at The CPG, you will be part of our success by:
- Driving the relationships of fast-growing, strategic vendor partners to achieve both their goals and the goals of Target.
- Leading the development of annual business plans that set objectives to drive a set of vendors through merchandising, display, shopper marketing/insights, shelf space, pricing and new product introductions.
- Conducting formal business reviews and updating executives at our vendors to develop business objectives, progress against objectives and recommend actions to meet or exceed goals.
- Serving as the primary contact for specific Target category buyers.
- Educating and developing rapport with internal and external contacts, promoting partnerships and proactively addressing customer needs and requests.
- Promoting a customer-centered culture that strives to exceed all needs, requirements, timelines and expectations.
- Tracking the execution of objectives to ensure volume and profit targets are met.
- Leveraging resources to drive business strategies and trade effectiveness.
- Leading post promotion analysis along with the day-to-day business objectives.
Qualifications:A strategic leader and strong diplomatic problem solver with a passion for team success. A self-starter, motivated to maintain and grow business objectives within named categories. An individual with a decent sense of humor and preferably a lake house or vacation ski home available to co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Consumer packaged goods industry-related work experience (experience in consumables highly preferred)
- 4-7+ years sales experience (ideally with Target)
- Top national account customer experience and head quarter penetration in a direct selling capacity
- Advanced project/process skill set, including experience in P&Ls and financial analysis
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using syndicated data in day-to-day work streams (IRI, Nielson or other syndicated data)
- Ability to catch a dodgeball and appreciation for a good happy hour
- Category management and/or consumer/shopper marketing experience
- Past attendance at trade shows in the consumables space
- Private label/owned brand experience
- Highly organized and ability to juggle multiple categories
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/ →