Smithsonian Enterprises (SE) was formed in 1999 by the Smithsonian Institution's Board of Regents to consolidate and bring professional management to the commercial activities of the Institution.
The Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of the American Indian in New York City’s Battery Park area is currently seeking a dynamic, friendly and experienced temporary part-time Retail Sales Associate to work in our museum store.
Qualified candidates will have experience in the following:
- Cash Handling
- Shipping and Receiving
- Visual Merchandising
- Loss Prevention
- Top Notch Customer Service
What you bring:
- 1 to 2 years of retail sales or hospitality industry experience
- Experience with a computerized cash register
- Ability to perform basic selling techniques
- Must report to work at the scheduled time and adhere to leave policies
- Must be flexible for scheduling – including evening/weekend/holiday availability
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to model our customer service standard
- Knowledge of or interest in Native American Art, History, and Culture a plus!
Candidates must be available weekends, holidays, and evenings, be able to move or lift up to 25 pounds, and be able stand for long periods of time.
Salary: $12.50 hourly
If you would like to be considered, please forward a resume and cover letter letting us know why you would be a great addition to our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in “Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery.”
We offer a competitive hourly wage, a Transit/Commuter Benefit to help with commuting costs on public transportation, as well as a fun and unique work environment.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Candidates selected for interview will be given a retail skills math test. Final candidate selection will be subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and subsequent background investigation. Employees must participate in Direct Deposit for salary payment, and may be required to serve a probationary period.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs →