For almost a quarter of a century Japonesque products have been creating beauty inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theater in Japan.
Title: Merchandising Assistant, Product Development
Location: Headquarters is San Ramon, CA
About the Company:
For more than a quarter of a century Japonesque has created cutting edge beauty products inspired by the professional makeup tools used in Kabuki theatre in Japan. Japonesque’s product line includes makeup brushes, eyelash curlers, tweezers, makeup cases and other beauty accessories as well as a recently launched line of color cosmetics. The collection combines high-impact fashion color with pro performance and flawlessly refined complexion formulations. The unprecedented color and long wear textures are housed in one-of-a-kind luxurious packaging.
Japonesque supplies cosmetics, beauty tools, and hair products to the prestige and mass market retail channels. The company distributes and markets branded and private label products across multiple categories and retail customers including Ulta and CVS.
Japonesque products have been sold in leading prestige beauty retailers and with the recent introduction of products into the drug and mass channels, the Company has experienced explosive growth. Having recently partnered with leading consumer Private Equity firm, San Francisco Equity Partners, the Company is profitable with no short term need for additional capital to fund growth.
About the Position:
The Merchandising Assistant in Product Development will assist in the development of Japonesque products. We are looking for a candidate that has demonstrated superior product development capabilities and that can provide creative input and assistance to our product development team.
This person will assist with potential and practicality of products in development.
The ideal candidate should be ambitious and entrepreneurial. She/he should contribute to a positive culture and have outstanding team-building skills.
This is an exempt full time position based in the Company’s San Ramon, California office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and assist Product Development team with product launches
- Assist in setting up project timelines and project milestones
- Pro-actively and cooperatively work with internal and external partners to support Product Development team in on-time delivery of product launches
- Organize incoming development samples for Product Development team
- Organize and prepare for approval all incoming pre-production and production samples
- Coordinate production and QC sample approval between Product Development and Supply Chain teams
- Organize and manage data necessary for new item setup, product information sheets / data bases, product samples, ingredients, and product pricing.
- Assist product development team in market research and comparable market sampling
- Manage outbound sample shipments, as necessary, to vendors.
- Keep colleagues aware of merchandise issues
- Work with colleagues to find opportunities to improve processes and efficiencies in the Product Development / Merchandise operations
- Remain flexible to take on additional assignments and duties as may be required
Essential Skills & Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and thrive in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- A team player possessing strong interpersonal skills with an ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management
- Organized, positive, and high-energy individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to execute with high attention to detail
- Sense of urgency, persistence, and determination, yet flexible and open to internal and external feedback on products being developed
- Understands the importance of timelines and meeting deadlines
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel & MS Outlook, SalesForce and Basecamp experience a plus.
- A Collaborative team player with the confidence to take the lead, when appropriate.
- Enthusiasm for the beauty industry and its products, marketing, advertising, and popular culture trends. Strong desire to provide the best product possible.
- Experience working in smaller, high-growth companies is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/364294017? →