J.Hilburn is a luxury menswear company that delivers custom and ready-to-wear apparel, as well as accessories. We combine the world’s finest fabrics with personalized construction to create classic clothes that are uniquely yours.
J.Hilburn is looking for an experienced Events Coordinator/Project Manager. The primary responsibilities of the Events Coordinator/Project Manager are the planning, overall management and execution of all field sales, client and home office events. This position is expected to understand event objectives and deliver an exceptional event experience that meets quality expectations.
We are looking for someone who is able to work on projects independently but also be comfortable working in a team environment. The job requires an ability to effectively interact with diverse populations, manage multiple projects simultaneoulsy while meeting tight deadlines and able to make sound decisions quickly. To be successful in this position an individual must be highly motivated with a positive attitude; devoted to developing a creative solution to problems; be detail oriented; possess strong communication skills and have excellent negotiation skills.
This position is located in Dallas, TX.
Core Accountabilities And Responsibilities
- Plan and execute key events to include Annual Conference, seasonal training events held nationwide, Studio/showroom and pop-up events, as well as corporate office events.
- Responsible for the overall timeline, operation, budget and execution of events to ensure that J.Hilburn is well-represented.
- Conduct pre-event meetings with stakeholders to define event goals, deliverables and expectations.
- Create and manage budgets, timelines, calendars, deadlines, and event deliverables.
- Select venues/vendors, negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships with production companies, venue management, guest speakers, freelance support, etc.
- Monitor event activities and proactively resolve any issues to ensure event attendees have an exceptional experience.
- Coordinate shipping and ensure on time delivery of all required event materials.
- Schedule and lead periodic meetings with event stakeholders to provide updates.
- Lead cross functional teams (internal/external) to ensure successful execution of all aspects of events.
- Propose unique / creative event opportunities, themes, etc. to improve event quality and generate interest.
- Conduct post- event evaluations and report on outcomes to improve future event experience.
- Maintain all records of event aspects, including financial details.
- Review event bills for accuracy, resolve any discrepancies and approve for payment.
- Stay up-to-date on event planning, registration and communication technology tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Buisness Management or related field
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a corporate/sales events coordinator
- Experience troubleshooting hardware issues and replacing hardware on both
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Proven experience creating and managing budgets
- Direct sales and/or retail event experience is a plus
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed
Anticipated travel required for this position is 10-15%
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Growth opportunity
- GREAT colleagues
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- Life insurance, short term disability and long term disability
- Discount on J.Hilburn products
- Covered parking
- Gym on site
- Various company functions throughout the year
To apply, please email your resume and reference job title in the subject line.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
J.Hilburn, founded in 2007, is a leader in luxury menswear that delivers custom and ready-to-wear apparel. Our products are made from the world’s finest materials, and each item is carefully constructed and offered at affordable prices. We are providing this quality with service and personal attention that no traditional retailer can provide. Our goal is to provide 100% satisfaction to every client.
J.Hilburn is different, and we are looking for candidates who want to change retail, direct sales and quite possibly the world. If you are an individual who works with passion, wants to do the right thing and deliver beyond expectations in an energetic and driven working environment with growth opportunity and great colleagues, we are looking for you.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/j-hilburn-8272b427/events-coordinator-ddc82cd7 →