Lucky Star Ranch
We are looking for new team members to take on 20-30 hours weekly. Applicants must be available to work weekends and are required to work on holidays as this is our busiest time!
ANIMAL EXPERIENCE VALUED (dogs, Horses Or Livestock).
At The Lucky Dog Ranch, we pride ourselves in “treating every client as a friend and every dog as our own.” LDR is a second home to our four legged friends either vacationing or just hanging with us for the day. All of our guests are people-friendly and dog social.
If you are done with retail, food service, staring at a cube wall and cold calling…
- “Actively supervising” and interacting with dogs
- Feeding and medicating dogs as/if needed
- Monitoring and tending to the needs of “Special Needs” dogs, who may be older or medically fragile.
- Providing friendly and courteous customer service
- Maintaining our high standards of cleanliness of our facility (this includes poop scooping and disinfecting)
- Maneuver and moving kennel equipment and supplies around, as needed
- Shift flexibility as staff scheduling requires it.
To be successful, all must contribute, and work to support the “team”.
The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to do this job.
- Able to stand/walk through a shift
- Lift and maneuver 30 lbs. safely
- Safely physically withstand potentially large strong dogs pushing, pulling, or jumping up
- Work in, and outside in varying temperatures and conditions.
- Previous animal experience is valued (whether personal or professional)
- Ability to take direction gracefully and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Good communication skills, respectful and friendly to all, always; professional & courteous disposition and appearance
- Reliable transportation
Additional Position Information
- All team members work weekend and holiday shifts (We care for dogs 365 days a year. We mirror the travel industry, in that we are busiest, when people are travelling. Therefore, working holidays and during peak travel days / seasons is to be expected)
- No personal time-off during peak occupancy periods
- Part-time; split shifts AM and PM may be available if seeking extra hours; 20 – 30 hours per week planned
- Picking up additional voluntary coverage shifts, may be possible in addition
- Hours each week may vary somewhat, according to occupancy and “team” needs.
- Compensation: $13/hour with opportunity for increase.
- Perks include paid time off, bring your dog to work and more!
For consideration, please reply to this posting with your resume. Emails without resumes WILL NOT be considered.
Send to the attention of: HR Manager. NO CALLS PLEASE
At The Lucky Dog Ranch we know that your pets are family members. They capture our hearts, share our homes and in many cases are given the same status as our children. That’s why choosing the right care for them is important.
Loving Owners know that dogs, even the smaller breeds, require a fair amount of exercise and stimulation to stay happy and healthy. Canines by nature are very social creatures and they crave companionship. We understand you can’t be with your friends all day, everyday, but you can help your loved one to be more content during the times that you are away with help from our dedicated team.
Our service is designed to make all the difference in the world to the little one who’s blue without you. We offer a real “home away from” atmosphere where dogs get be dogs.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/430899272 →