Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPEThe Data Governance Analyst will lead data governance for item/product master data and merchandise hierarchy. This role resides within the Merchandise Operations business team and will work with numerous cross functional business areas (merchandising, inventory, planning, supply chain, IT, and the Data Governance organization.) The Data Governance Analyst will also work closely with the Product Information Management (PIM) Business System Administrators and IT partners in order to ensure approved data change requests are implemented according to requirements. This individual will understand and follow all enterprise data governance policies and procedures. The Data Governance Analyst will be a Data Steward and be the Subject Matter Expert for the merchandise hierarchy as well as all item/product attributes, definitions, business rules, standards and metrics. This individual will maintain and update all governance related documents (i.e. data dictionary, attribute definitions, process maps). The Data Governance Analyst will be the main point of contact for the cross functional business areas to request data changes (i.e. new attribute, update reference data). This individual will be responsible for documenting the Merchandise Hierarchy Reclassification process as well as developing process improvements in this area to drive better communication, collaboration, and accuracy within the Reclass process and Merchandise Hierarchy itself.PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in all item/product master data attributes and the Merchandise Hierarchy
- Manage and maintain all data governance related documentation for item/product master data and Merchandise Hierarchy such as data dictionary, definitions, business rules, security, and process maps
- Perform as a Data Steward and manage all data change requests in accordance with enterprise data governance standards, policies, and procedures
- Communicate data governance processes and ensure business partners (typically merchandising, inventory, planning, and supply chain) fully understand processes, data request timelines and decisions.
- Lead and execute the Mid-Year and Annual Merchandiser Hierarchy Reclassification including documenting all related processes
- Facilitate and promote the usage and adoption of the data governance tools, processes, and procedures – particularly among business users
- Develop metrics and reports/dashboards to measure key performance indicators such as data quality, accuracy, completeness, and integrity
- Assist with ongoing examination of current data governance practices and make recommendations to drive improvements in data governance
- Support projects and initiatives as needed and perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum RequirementsJOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 4-6 years relevant direct work experience in master data management and/or data governance processes and procedures – preferable in product/item master data
- BA/BS or equivalent required
- Master’s/Advanced degree preferred
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Clear planning and prioritizing skills; methodical and detailed work behavior
- Thorough knowledge of business process documentation
- Working knowledge of Merchandising and Supply Chain Process Best Practices
- Working knowledge of data and value stream mapping
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines while using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
Special Position Requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well across all levels and departments within the organization
- Ability to lead change and drive understanding of data governance
- Independent decision-making skills and the ability to recommend viable solutions to issues, processes, and data change requests
- Capability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Retail business background with strong process and systems acumen
- Possesses the expert knowledge to identify opportunities for change and the ability to convey the need for change
- Knowledge of applications development methodologies
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Capability to participate in training sessions, presentations and meetings.
- Travel approximately 10% of your time. (Stores, meetings, conferences, training)