By bringing people together over coffee, Starbucks has become one of the world’s best-known and best-loved companies.
This position contributes to Starbucks success by partnering with their respective customer team to deliver key business goals. This position is accountable to drive shipments, share and equity by driving retailer category growth and contributing to their category strategies while setting up Starbucks brands to win disproportionately through superior adoption of Shopper Inspired Principles and analytical excellence of MAPS (Merchandising, Assortment, Pricing, Shelving). Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.Summary Of Key ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide analytical insights to deliver greater share of promotion, distribution and shelving. Proficient to advanced knowledge of Nielsen data Proficient to advanced knowledge of Shelf software Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint
- Identify category trends and business opportunities and recommend solutions that benefit both Starbucks and the CPG customer.
- Leverages analytical tools (including customer-specific tools and data) to develop new department and category insights through the analysis of MAPS.
- Assist in developing new category insights through the analysis of the sales fundamentals at the customer to bring the Starbucks experience to life in the aisle.
- Partners closely with Shopper Insights, Shopper Marketing and Category Development team to understand latest insights, and assist in selling in Shopper Inspired Principles at the customer.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable in a “selling” role interfacing with the customer
- Creates or Customizes (depending on central or field role) the central annual category reviews for the categories he/she supports by adding key insights and trends specific to the customer in the area of the 4 C assessment (Category, Competition, Customer, Consumer)
- Creates (or leverages Acosta capability) “gold standard” planograms for the categories he/she supports leveraging the Shopper Inspired Principles
- Is able to leverage shelf software tables to analyze days of supply, inventory turnover, space to sales etc
- Challenges and inspires team members to achieve business results.
- Collaborates with the team leader and Account Executives in the teams planning process around identify strategic opportunities, analyzing and aligning with the teams business plans
Summary Of Experience
- Total Experience +5 years
- Experience working category development or analyst roles in traditional CPG companies +2 years
- Extensive experience working with data +2 years
- Experience working with Nielsen and/or IRI and shelf software data +2 years
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to analyze multiple levels of data from many resources to make productive recommendations
- Able to mine data sources to create compelling category strategies
- Experience negotiating and influencing decisions
- Ability to sell persuasively and to collaborate with other
- Ability to build diverse collaborative relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in setting priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing multiple projects
- Can work in a fast changing paced environment
- Proficient to advanced knowledge of Nielsen and/or IRI data
- Able to handle and manage confidential information when working internal and externally
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://starbucks.taleo.net/careersection/1000222/jobdetail.ftl?job=170020302&lang=en&src=JB-12147 →